Wechsler Individual Achievement Test
WIAT ASSESSMENT MEASURES AN INDIVIDUAL’S ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT
The Wechsler Individual Achievement Test (WIAT) is a standardized assessment designed to measure an individual’s academic achievement in various areas. It is widely used in schools, clinics, and other educational settings to assess students’ academic strengths and weaknesses, identify learning disabilities or difficulties, and guide educational interventions.
WIAT Assessment: $495
Howard W. Baum III, Psychotherapy, LMHC
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) #MH19323
Brandon, FL 33511
Howard Baum has worked to enhance the lives of adults and adolescents with over 10 years of experience; specifically working with anxiety, depression, life transitions, and stress management. Howard’s an approach utilizes mindfulness and cognitive behavioral therapy. His approach is tailored specifically to your needs, as collaboration and individualization are his top priorities. Florida Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) #MH19323. Call for scheduling services 813-370-0008.
- General Mental Health
- Depression, Anxiety and Panic Disorders
- Child and Adolescent Autism and ADHD
- Life Transitions to include career, school and grief/loss
- Personal Growth and Self-Esteem
- Trauma and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) for trauma
- General relationship challenges (family, couples, friends, & co-workers)
- Psychological testing services
“This is the gold standard for cognitive and will break down left and right hemispheric strengths and weaknesses. Assesses the child’s functional levels for multiple academic areas. ” – Kelly Miller, NMD
The WIAT assesses academic skills across four main areas:
- Reading: This includes subtests that measure skills such as decoding, comprehension, fluency, and reading vocabulary.
- Writing: The writing section assesses skills related to spelling, sentence composition, and essay composition.
- Mathematics: The math section evaluates skills in areas such as numerical operations, math fluency, math problem-solving, and math reasoning.
- Oral Language: This section measures receptive and expressive language skills, including listening comprehension, oral expression, and basic concepts.
Scores help interpret an individual’s performance compared to a representative sample of a population
The test provides various scores, including standard scores, percentile ranks, and age equivalents. The WIAT is administered individually and typically takes around 60 to 90 minutes to complete, although the exact duration may vary depending on the individual and the specific subtests administered. Trained professionals, such as psychologists or educational diagnosticians, typically administer and interpret the test results.
It’s important to note that the WIAT has different versions for different age groups.
Initial Brain Assessment – $395
Balance Tracking System
QEEG Brain Mapping
Right Eye Tracking
Detailed Report of Findings
Browse our wide array of brain-based healthcare services or click on the button in our menu to book an appointment at one of our three clinics.
QEEG BRAIN MAPPING
NEURO SENSORY INTEGRATION
RIGHT EYE TRACKING
Change Your Brain. Change Your Life.
Neurofeedback | QEEG Brain Mapping | BRAIN TAP | NEURO SENSORY INTEGRATION
This site is for informational and educational purposes only. The information contained on this site does not constitute the rendering of healthcare advice or treatment recommendations. Browsing this site does not establish a professional relationship with our clinic. The information contained on this website has not been evaluated by the F.D.A. and is not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any disease.